Hello jobseeker! We are Freedom Consulting Group. Here, employees have the freedom to spread their creative wings. With a team of experienced leaders and top-tier talent, we’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as the premier technology company serving the Intelligence Community. At Freedom, your brain is always in style.
Category: Geospatial Analysis
Title: Geospatial Analyst
Location(s): Position Available in Washinton, DC
Security Clearance: Secret
This position is based in the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) GeoCenter, a team of geographers and analysts who apply geospatial technology, data analytics, and scenario planning to inform international development programming. The GeoCenter is part of the U.S. Global Development Lab that aims to harness the power of science, technology, innovation, and partnerships to source and scale dramatic breakthroughs that accelerate the achievement of foreign policy and development goals. The GeoCenter works with USAID operating units in Washington, D.C and the field to optimize the strategic planning, design, monitoring and evaluation of USAID’s programs. In addition to serving the analytical needs of the Agency, the GeoCenter also collaborates with interagency, international development organizations, and university partners in the geospatial community.
The Geospatial Analyst is responsible for working with subject matter experts to address priority development challenges and enhance the Agency’s capacity to integrate data and analysis into routine decision making. Responsibilities will include:
Technical Support and Analytical Services
● Apply geospatial analysis techniques to priority international development challenges
● Assist USAID subject matter experts with geospatial thinking for improved planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of programs.
● Design, develop and deliver geospatial analyses and visualization products to support USAID operations at all stages of the development programming cycle.
● Acquire, process, manage, and analyze data from a range of sources
● Produce compelling maps and data visualization products on demand
● Collaborate with a team of interdisciplinary experts within the GeoCenter
Strategic Planning, Support, and Capacity Building
● Provide consultation to non-technical audiences and develop and implement guidance on integrating geospatial data and analysis in routine decision making processes.
● Prepare concept papers, background analyses, and briefings to build support for the use of data analytics and geospatial approaches throughout the USAID.
● Facilitate discussion among key USAID stakeholders to articulate a vision and plan for integrating geospatial data analysis into planning, delivering, and assessing development programs
● Provide training and capacity building services to non-technical audiences on accessing, analyzing, and visualizing data to improve development programming
The Geospatial Analyst will demonstrate experience and expertise in the following technical areas:
• Technical knowledge of industry-standard GIS software (Esri ArcGIS, QGIS, MapBox, Leaflet.js, CartoDB, etc.), Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI), and creation of geospatial data products in developing country environments
• Quantitative background and experience in data collection, cleaning, and reproducible analysis and visualization using statistical software or programming languages (Python, Stata, SAS, R, SPSS, MATLAB, Tableau, PowerBI) are preferred
• Experience in developing and implementing standard data analysis workflows
• Ability to produce compelling data visualization products using Adobe applications, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
• Curious, self-motivated individual with excellent communications skills -- must be able to distill highly technical quantitative methods into policy relevant snippets
• Experience translating complex geospatial analysis and visualization results into briefing documents or presentations for senior leadership
• Ability to apply geospatial analytical techniques to problems and data sets spanning diverse sectors as agriculture, democracy & governance, economic growth, education, environment, and health
• Strategic project leadership: experience leading and facilitating projects through concept, iterative design and development, delivery, and ongoing support
• 4 years of experience or 2 years of experience with an advanced degree in a field such as Geography, GIS, public health, environmental sciences, international development, or a related technical field
• Expected to perform short term technical assistance overseas
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be able to attain a Secret Level Security Clearance
Background Investigation required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor